Disclosure: Our content is reader-supported. This means we may receive a commission if you click some of our links. Learn More, why it's important and how you can support us.
Text Flicker Effect
- Select a text layer in the Timeline panel that you want to animate in the Composition panel
- Choose Animation > Animate Text and then choose opacity property from the menu.
- Decrease the Opacity value to 0
- Open Range Selector > make KeyFrames for Start
- Open Advanced option > Reduce the Smoothness to 0
- Turn on the Randomize order > set Random value for Random seed
- Duplicate the Text layer (Ctrl + D) > Change the Value for the Random seed.
Settings for Flicker Effect
How to make the Text Flicker Effect in After Effects
Have a Project in Mind?
Video Editing, Web Designing & Motion Graphics Intro, etc...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Join our subscriber’s list to get the latest news, updates directly in your inbox.