Disclosure: Our content is reader-supported. This means we may receive a commission if you click some of our links. Learn More, why it's important, and how you can support us.
What is Perfmatters?
Perfmatters is a lightweight WordPress performance plugin that optimises WordPress settings and disables unneeded functionality (JS & CSS) in order to speed up any WordPress site.
It is a simple plugin that allows you to turn on and off WordPress features without any technical experience. Your website will have fewer HTTP requests, less code to improve the user experience, and a speedier WordPress admin panel for logged-in users.
Perfmatters Plugin Installations
To install the Perfmatters on your WordPress Website. First, you need to Purchase the Plugin from the Perfmatters Website. After you’ve downloaded the plugin, follow the steps below to install the Plugin.
- Navigate to Your WordPress Dashboard.
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Next, there is an “Upload Plugin” button; click on it.
- Click on “Choose File” to select a Zip file from your computer, then click “Install Now.“
- In your dashboard, click “Settings” and then “Perfmatters” after you have installed and activated the plugin.
- Click the “License” button and enter the licence key you received in your email. then save License. Your licence key can also be found in your account.
- Your licence should then be activated. In your WordPress dashboard, you will now see automatic updates for Perfmatters.
- Ability to individually disable scripts, queries, and inline JS/CSS (Scripts Manager).
- Interaction with users should be delayed, and a timeout should be used.
- Remove unnecessary CSS automatically.
- Lazy load Your photos, inline and CSS background images, iframes, YouTube videos, and more.
- Reduce the largest contentful paint by automatically preloading important images (LCP).
- Cumulative Layout Shift can be fixed by adding the missing width and height parameters (CLS).
- For immediate load times, preload resources and prefetch links.
- Streamline your database (revisions, spam, trash, transients, and more).
- Put your Google Fonts on a local server.
- hosting locally Google Analytics (includes 1.5 KB minimal analytics option).
- Rewriting CDN (hook up your favourite CDN provider).
- Change the URL for your WordPress login (decrease bot traffic and protect your site).
- WordPress revisions can be turned off or limited.
- Disable WooCommerce scripts on the entire website.
- XML-RPC embeds, self-pingbacks, emojis, and other features can be disabled.
- Modify the Heartbeat API’s frequency or turn it off.
- Adjust the autosave interval.
- multi-site assistance.
- direct support from the plugin’s creators, support.
Here are a few examples of how this can be used:
- The famous Contact Form 7 plugin automatically loads on every page and post. With a single click, you can quickly disable it everywhere and enable it on your contact page. This method is also useful for the Popular page Builders (Elementor, Brizy & Divi), Woocommerce and more plugins.
Script Manager is designed to be simple to use, although it contains many complicated functions. For example, you can use Regex to disable any combination of scripts. MU mode elevates the Script Manager to a whole new level. You can modify every component of a plugin, including its front-end scripts, inline code, and MySQL queries (disable plugins entirely). Use Testing Mode (New) to safely examine your settings before making changes to your public site.
Perfmatters provides Direct assistance from the plugin’s developers. The team has over 19 years of everyday WordPress experience. Creating plugins is the team’s full-time job. The development team is constantly adding new features and addressing bugs. Their plugins are always tested with the most recent WordPress releases.
In addition, the team feels that providing adequate documentation saves everyone time. That’s why they provide more than 80+ step-by-step instructions on how to use and setup Perfmatters.
Check this Article: How To Speed Up Your WordPress Website
- Easy to use with simple toggle switches
- Perfmatters is a very affordable plugin
- Need to be careful, when you are using any features without knowing it
Perfmatters Plugin comes with three different pricing options. Each plan includes all the features including 1 year of premium support & updates, the only restriction is the number of websites installed by the plugin.
- 1 site license – $24.95/ year
- 999 site license – $54.95/ year
Unlimited Sites Plan
- Unlimited site license – $124.95/ year
Perfmatters is a great tool for enhancing your website’s page speed and, as a result, page experience. Always remember the Core Web Vitals. They will play an important influence in the ranking of your website. The only choice is to optimise your website.
WP Rocket is another option to consider if you require WordPress speed plugins (My WP Rocket review here). To be clear, you can use both WP Rocket and perfmatters at the same time; their functionalities hardly overlap as perfmatters is a request optimization plugin and WPRocket is a caching plugin.
In the end, you can manually code any change perfmatters allows you to do in WordPress. There are a lot of free plugins that can perform all of the functions that perfmatters performs if you don’t want to go into coding. For instance, there are free plugins to limit or disable the heartbeat API and to disable XML-RPC.
Have a Project in Mind?
Video Editing, Web Designing & Motion Graphics Intro, etc...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Join our subscriber’s list to get the latest news, updates directly in your inbox.