Disclosure: Our content is reader-supported. This means we may receive a commission if you click some of our links. Learn More, why it's important and how you can support us.
What is UpdraftPlus?
UpdraftPlus is one of the best backup plugins for WordPress. It has over three million active installations and is the most popular scheduled backup plugin. It enables you to create backup schedules that run automatically. It will also help you in restoring your WordPress site in the event of a crash. You can quickly Backup your files and databases to the cloud, and then restore them with a single click!
Do I Need a WordPress Backup Plugin?
It’s important to back up your WordPress files and databases to a secure location on a regular basis if you’re a WordPress user. Making regular backups can be a time-saver in the event of data loss due to an accident, a malicious attack, or other problems. Even if your entire website is hacked, corrupted, or erased, you can quickly restore your files and databases this way.
You can easily back up and restore your entire WordPress website using a good WordPress backup plugin. For added security, you should be able to send your backup files to a secure remote location
The free version of UpdraftPlus is available in the WordPress plugins directory. You can directly install this plugin from your WordPress dashboard by following these steps:
- Navigate to your WordPress Dashboard
- Go to Plugins > Add New and search “UpdraftPlus” in the search field.
- Select UpdraftPlus from the search results and click “Install Now.”
Installing the Premium Version
Kindly note that you need to delete the free version of the UpdraftPlus Plugin to use the pro version. So, first, go to https://www.updraftplus.com and buy the Premium Version. After you’ve downloaded the plugin, follow the steps below to install UpdraftPlus Premium successfully.
- Navigate to Your WordPress Dashboard.
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Next, there is an “Upload Plugin” button; click on it.
- Click on “Choose File” to select a Zip file from your computer, then click “Install Now.“
- Now You must log in to your UpdraftPlus.com account. Enter your UpdraftPlus.com details – the email address you used to purchase and your password – in the “Premium / Extensions” settings tab. Then select “Connect” from the drop-down menu.
- Updraftplus makes backing up and restoring your WordPress site data simple and error-free.
- This plugin allows you to automatically download your backup data while storing the same data in multiple clouds.
- With its automatic backup features, it is simple to get a regular backup of your WordPress site.
- The restoration of backup files is also included in these free features. It can quickly restore backup files to your site.
- Updraftplus comes with a data management plugin that is both quick and secure.
- It is completely free to use and can be downloaded from the WordPress.org website.
- This plugin also allows you to backup non-WP files.
- Website cloning is one of its premium features. This plugin makes it simple to duplicate your website.
- Multi-networking and multisite are fully compatible with the premium version.
- Backup files should be stored on multiple drives. Many options can be found and stored to protect the backup data.
- The premium version also includes full-time support.
Remote Storage Locations
- Free Version Available
- Automatic and Incremental backup of your WordPress site data
- It’s a simple plugin and also easy-to-use interface.
- It has the capability of saving the backup to a different cloud for future reference.
- Trusted and flexible backup solutions for Everyone
- Limited features on a free license
- There is No Lifetime Pricing Plan
- Only paying clients can use the support forum.
It is one of the Best Backup and Restores Plugin for WordPress. It enables you to create backup schedules that run automatically.
UpdraftPlus Premium offers annual subscriptions. You’ll be able to choose five different plans. With a one-year pricing plan, All Addons, 24/7 Support and updates are included.
Personal Plan $70/year
- Up to 2 personal websites
- Renews at $42
Business Plan $95/year
- Up to 10 websites
- Renews at $57
Agency Plan $145/year
- Up to 35 websites
- Renews at $87
Enterprise Plan $195/year
- Unlimited websites
- Renews at $117
Gold Plan $399/year
- This Plan Includes Unlimited UpdraftPlus licences (includes all addons and 10 Clone tokens, allowing you to quickly copy and paste sites to temporary clones)UpdraftCentral Cloud membership – an unlimited annual subscription to a comprehensive solution that allows you to manage, backup, update and do many things on all of your sites from a single dashboard. When you sign up with UpdraftPlus.com, you can try it for free for up to 5 sites.50 GB of the additional updraft, and its AWS-backed storage, Vault, is designed to function smoothly for all of your backups.
UpdraftPlus is the best backup plugin in terms of capabilities, with plenty of remote storage and backup frequency options.
I’d want to declare it as the greatest based on my review. At first glance, it appears to be one of the most popular WordPress backup plugins. Similarly, its extensive reporting tools, including full data encryption, ensure that your backup data is protected.
One of the most effective ways to save your site’s database for future access is to use the backup process. It’s one of the necessary precautions we can take to protect our data and restore it in the event of a loss.
UpdraftPlus is the ideal option if you need a backup solution without sacrificing speed. It uses fewer server resources than the majority of its competitors because it is highly optimised for server speed.
Have a Project in Mind?
Video Editing, Web Designing & Motion Graphics Intro, etc...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Join our subscriber’s list to get the latest news, updates directly in your inbox.